A small selection

A small selection of the hottest products on zazzle from a variety of artists and designers. Check out the links in the sidebar for some useful tools and a link to the discount coupons page.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

It's a Whimsical World....

A selection of extremely cute, whimsical style illustrations from a selection of amazing artists and designers. Now I do apologise for the garish watermarks over everything but since copyright theft is so brazenly rampant at the moment I don't want to give thieves an easy opportunity so I have deliberately sized the graphics to include zazzle's watermark.

I first came across "Rustic Goth" through her blogger blog. She deals primarily in original works on canvas which she sells via a few online auction/craft sites. When I suggested to her that Zazzle would be a great venue to sell prints of her work I was delighted when she told me that she already had a store there. Here is one of her beautiful, gothic whimsy prints:

Another of my favourite whimsical artists is Jasmine Becket-Griffith aka Strangeling. I will admit that I hadn't heard of Jasmine until I discovered some of her work on Zazzle but now that I have come across her, her style is instantly recognisable all over the net. When I was recently going to be attending the Whitby Goth Weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jasmine had graciously allowed her work to be used as the graphics for the event's website. Jasmine even has a very well deserved collaboration with Disney!

Rouble Rust is another wonderful artist who sells prints of her work through Zazzle. Her style is slightly more dark gothic than the previous artists:

Next up is Angela Flemming aka AngelArtiste:


Kim Turner is an amazing artist from Australia. Two big themes that appear in her work are fairies and Marie Antoinette, although I have picked one of her pieces with a mermaid theme to display here:

Another artist who's work I completely adore (crazily, madly, insanely adore) is Myka Jelina. Her gothic/tribal/steampunk subject matters all really appeal to me and her clean, crisp, precise style makes her a little bit different from the other artists I have included.

Next up is Sandra Vargis aka SandyGrafik. Her subject matter is predominantly fantasy and fairytales and her work is beautifully whimsical and quirky.

Next on the list is kilkennycat. I've only just recently stumbled across her work and don't know too much about her as of yet.


And finally, some of my own whimsical art and design:

This first poster has an inspirational theme. The little girl character is flying through the night sky, powered by balloons on her way to the moon. The message behind the piece is that anything is possible with dreams and detrmination.

This little witch with her cat and mouse is my favourite piece of the moment. I simply adore it and it makes me smile every time that I look at it.

My tibal fusion gothic style bellydancer is a hugely popular design. I didn't actually even have this design set to be a poster until a special request came in from a client in Germany.

Another of my recent favourites is this little steampunk couple at the seaside. In the background of this piece is a little airship with two more tiny characters that are the subjects of some of my other designs.

This is my latest piece (although it is soon to be followed by a more goth or emo style version in shades of purple). This little blonde haired girl is blissfully listening to her music on her headphones, her little teddy bear is lying on the floor beside her.

All of my art and posters can be viewed here, and all of my little whimsical characters can be viewed on a huge selection of gifts, accessories and apparel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment